Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Musical Monday: Old Campaign Songs

Campaigns seemed to be a lot nicer way back when. At least the ads were better. Here is a cute little ad for Eisenhower from 1952. Don't you wish political ads were still like this?



If you were voting in 1960, you might have heard this little jingle on your TV set. 



7 comments:

XmasDolly said...

That was fantastic. Great timing too! I don't remember either one, but I think it's good to have a little levity like that during all this smut being tossed back and forth. I must say this is one nasty race going on. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your time off and I hope your time on goes by quickly for the next break!!! A friend of mine just retired from being a teacher and she says she's going to travel a bit and then go back to being a .... oh darn what do they call them... oh yes, she's going back to be a substitute teacher... go figure... lol Have a great day!

BECKY said...

Oh, Joyce, this is SO cute! And it goes perfectly with my Nostalgic Sunday post I just did! Have a great week!

Rhonda Albom said...

So when did it all go so far downhill?

messymimi said...

Even without the jingle, i would love to hear ads that simply talk about the good a candidate will do, not just ad hominem arguments against opponents.

csuhpat1 said...

What great tunes. I enjoyed both. This is when politics had some class.

John Holton said...

Would that we had candidates like Eisenhower and Kennedy and commercials like these...

Binky said...

The good news is that the circus will soon be over.