Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Monday, August 6, 2012

#GBE2: Hidden

He opened a box of Mott's Fruit roll ups only to find one Market Pantry pack hiding inside. How does one find a competing Target brand hidden in a sealed package? We didn't even buy the product at a Target store.


Here's my theory: Market Pantry, a Target brand, sells for a lot less than name brand items. Perhaps it's a shrewd marketing trick. Someone tiptoed into the Motts' plant and hid their employer's off brand product in the name brand box. If the consumer eats the Market Pantry brand and finds that it tastes the same or better than the name brand, next time, he or she will switch to the generic product.

I have to wonder how this spy got into the factory. Has this been done before? Ie., Dear Readers, How many of you have ever found an off brand addition hidden in a name brand box? Is this legal?

Or... Maybe it's just a kid playing a prank while visiting his parent's factory.


15 comments:

werbegeschenke werbeartikel said...

Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is simply nice and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.

Sandra Tyler said...

Lol! That IIS weird ! Im stumped! This is going to nag at me all day like figuring out a puzzle. Which I'm no good at.

shelly said...

Really?

Shelly

NiceInOhio said...

It's a communist plot, I say!
Well, that, or they are actually manufactured or packaged at the same plant.

Jo said...

I do believe Lee has it. They are no doubt manufactured by the same company. One in one package and one in the other. Some how the packing belt pulled or caught a Target Brand and dropped it into the box of Mott's fruit snacks.

That's MY guess! Of course, I would have to call the number on the package and ask them.

Anonymous said...

I've come across situations like that with snacks. I think they were crackers...

By the way, how was the Market Pantry brand in comparison to the Medley all natural brand? Just curious...I like your take on the topic. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lee and Jo on this one. That is funny, though.

Unknown said...

That is weird. They must be packaged and manufactured by the same company, or simply packaged at the same place. Kind of a cool surprise though. It is like you were let in on one of the secrets of the universe.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I've never had that happen, but there is a little burger place near me that always slips a few onion rings into an order of fries. Trying to sell rings, I always say, and it works. They have terrific onion rings.

Anonymous said...

Store brands and name brands are made and packaged at the same place...so honestly, there usually is not much different from the two. You just pay a premium for the fancy "name brand" label. So yes, essentially it is a conspiracy.

Anonymous said...

never had the opportunity to witness that.....and this is written so well! As always..legal or not..LOl t h a n k y o u!

Anonymous said...

Never had that happen but I did bite into a Mr Gooodbar and find a peanut worm...ALIVE! Nice writing!

Anonymous said...

came back and re read..LOL well i was going to have breakfast after this coffee..but NOOOoooooooo had to read Anna's comment!! LOL No...never had it happen to me..human must have been a human error "haha". :0) love your blogs..its great to have time and "catch up"

Elizabeth said...

Hilarious! I love when life throws a little random your way.

Unknown said...

Great read for me to wake up to this morning. I will keep the smile on my face all day due to your delightful article and wonder how you think of such things to write. Keep writing so I can keep smiling