Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Saturday, June 26, 2010

About Contests

Awe,gee. It looks like someone might actually read my blog, so it's past time to post. I do indeed win a lot of contests, and here's why. I enter them. It's an odds game, plain and simple. If you enter four contests a day, sooner or later, you're going to win something. So what are you waiting for? Search the internet and enter them.

By the way, I recently won an autographed copy of Eric Luper's, "Seth Baumgarten's Love Manifesto." What a great book! I also won an autographed "Red Pyramid" by Rick Riordan. Of course he has his own little fan club and doesn't need me to tell you his book is great. Actually, I wouldn't know because I've yet to pry my daughter's fingers off of my prize. I'm looking forward to receiving my next win by Sarah Ockler, "Fixing Delilah Hanniford." If I love it, I'll post an Amazon review.

So folks, I'm not overly lucky. I'm overly persistent. Just ask the agents who keep finding my queries in their inboxes. Sooner or later someone will say, "Yes!"

2 comments:

Kate said...

Okay Mama Big Winner....I need to know how to do some of the things contests are now requiring. I can retweet and post on my blog, but explain some of the other requests you see. Like on Cassie Clare's latest contest. There were, like 5 different Spread the Word requirements. Help.

Catch My Words said...

I normally don't see five spread the word requirements. Usually these sorts of things are optional. If a contest is too complicated I won't bother with it, but I've seen very few that are.